Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Beamish in New York

Before leaving New York, I had the pleasure of a dinner at the New York Sports Grill in the JFK Airport terminal. This is a sports bar with a dozen flat screen tvs, and four dozen beers on tap. Out of all the selections available, most from overseas, I spied the Irish classic Beamish, and set about sampling the only real Irish beer there is. I was not disappointed. Beamish is smooth and strong, with deep flavors of malt and chocolate, with a very substantial body. Something like Guinness, but in my opinion better than the old standby in almost every respect. This is a fine beer, dark and with a truly beautiful head and bouquet. If you ever see this beauty on tap, I advise you to try it out - a real taste of Ireland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home